Property Signage

For many planning applications, the applicant is required to post a sign on the property that provides a brief description of the development proposal. The sign also provides planning staff's contact information should residents have further questions.


For Zoning Bylaw Amendment, Official Plan Amendment, and Plans of Subdivision applications, all residents within 120 metres of a development proposal will receive a notice about the application and when the Public Meeting will occur. For Committee of Adjustment applications such as minor variances or consents, all residents within 60 metres of the proposal will be notified of the application and when the Committee meeting will occur.

Kingston Whig-Standard

Every Tuesday, the City has a full page in the newspaper announcing news and events such as upcoming Planning Committee meetings. These are also posted on the City website on News & Notices and the City Publications pages.

Planning Committee Agenda

The Events Calendar on the City's website provides a schedule of dates for future Planning Committee and Council meetings. The Committee agendas are available online on the Saturday prior to the Planning Committee meeting. These contain complete and active planning applications for Zoning Bylaw Amendment, Official Plan Amendment, and Draft Plans of Subdivision.

City Staff

Planning and Development staff are available from Monday to Friday from 8:30 to 4:30 p.m. to answer any questions residents may have about development proposals in their neighbourhood. The department can be contacted at 613-546-4291 ext. 3180 or by e-mail at

Development in your Neighbourhood